5 out of 5 stars
Shock to the System is a detailed account of their findings, focusing on vaccines, what the vaccines are immunizing dogs against, and even a chapter on food. This book is very compelling and informative. It was an eye-opener, truly! The statistics were shocking and compelling. One of the best things about this book is the research that went into it.
Shock to the System
A personal note from Catherine O’Driscoll:
"It’s so great to be working with Cindy and Ed to share information about good canine health. Knowledge truly is power. With the right knowledge, you have the power to care for your dogs so they have every chance at long life and good health. The natural rearing movement is now a worldwide phenomenon and it’s wonderful that we are building a strong support network. When you see your dog’s health dramatically improve, as we have done, from a few simple changes to their care – well – you just can’t help wanting to share the good news. As Cindy said to me: "It’s not a job, it’s a lifestyle and mission." Thanks Cindy and Ed!"
Table of Contents for Shock to the System
- Introduction - A Question of Belief
- The Background
- Vaccine Studies
- Vets on Vaccines
- The Diseases we Vaccinate Against
- Duration of Immunity
- The Homoeopathic Vaccine Alternative
- The Healthcare War
- Let Food be Thy Medicine
- A Radical Approach to Stress
- Recommended Reading
Are vaccinations and stress making our pets SICK?
Over-vaccinating - combined with stress, poor nutrition and other factors - is putting our companion animals at risk for serious diseases including auto-immune disorders, cancer or even death. In this well-written and carefully researched book you will discover how typical vaccination protocols and environmental and genetic factors may be combining to turn your dog, cat or horse into a ticking time-bomb of health problems. Bringing together research from around the world, Shock to the System will explain how to avoid these health problems by better management of vaccination schedules, reducing stress in the lives of our animals and optimizing health with diet.
- Why many of the health problems seen in pets today are caused by a combination of factors - including over-vaccination, stress and diet
- How to decide which vaccinations are necessary to protect your pet's health without endangering it
- How to time vaccinations so that they don't overburnden your pet's immune system
- About new, less frequent vaccination schedules that many vets are now using
- How to minimize stress in your pet's life - and maybe your own
About the author
Catherine O'Driscoll founded Canine Health Concern after two of her dogs died. She asked why, and now shares the answers with dog lovers so that both animals and humans can experience happiness and good health. She currently lives in Scotland with her partner Rob Ellis, and three canines friends- Guinnevere, Edward, and Daniel.
Sorry, there are no reviews.
Why don't you write one