2 Pack Waterproof Splices
Before you begin splicing wire, it will be helpful to you to take note the locations of all splices for future reference. If you ever have a wire break, these most often happen at a splice and it will be helpful to you to be able to find your splices easily if this ever happens.
To make a splice:
- Strip approximately 3⁄8 inch of insulation off the ends of the boundary wires to be spliced. Make sure the copper of the wire is not corroded. If the boundary wire is corroded, cut it back to expose clean copper wire.
- Insert the stripped ends into the wire nut and twist the wire nut around the wires. Ensure that there is no copper exposed beyond the end of the wire nut. Tie a knot 3 to 4 inches from the wire nut. Ensure that the wire nut is secure on the wire splice.
- Once you have securely spliced the wires together, open the lid of the gel-filled splice capsule and insert the wire nut as deeply as possible into the waterproof gel inside the capsule.
- Snap the lid of the capsule shut.
Note: If your splice pulls loose, the system will not function. Make sure your splice is secure.
- Pack of 100
- Great alternative to burying containment system wire.
- Perfect for use in grassy area, landscaped area, or wooded area.
- Excellent for use with all wired pet containment systems for easy, quick installation above ground - no digging!
- It is recommended that sod staples are placed every 2 to 5 feet.
500 feet of 18 gauge wire used for in-ground fencing.
This kit includes 500 feet of 18 Gauge wire, 50 flags, and 2 splices. Used for in-ground fencing.
Sorry, there are no reviews.
Why don't you write one