Happy Howie’s story begins with that of its hometown. Detroit, once considered one of the most innovative and architecturally appealing cities in the world, fell on hard times with the decline of manufacturing and the American automotive industry. However, over the past decade, residents of Detroit have been proud to welcome new industries of all types and sizes. Whether it is urban farming, the newly created “Tech Town” or even all natural dog treats, Detroit is pleased to be home to a diverse population and even more diverse industries.
Having seen the fight in Detroit and the will of its residents, Happy Howie’s thought it was important to be part of the revitalization effort. After acquiring the necessary capital to begin, Happy Howie’s planned two things for the future: to become the preeminent all natural dog treat in the Midwest and be part of the amazing turn around happening in its hometown.
Happy Howie’s would not be here today without its loyal customers, the support of Detroiters and, of course, Howie. Howie represents the willpower and fight found in Detroiters and people everywhere. A border collie rescue from the Humane Society, Howie has defied all odds to live a great life. Howie’s remarkable achievements include not only being the icon for Happy Howie’s, but also the feature on a Humane Society billboard in Jackson, MI, and a loving pet to a marathoner owner. Even after Howie had to have a steel plate inserted into his body, he still enjoys long runs with his best friend.
Over the past six years, Happy Howie’s has developed from a small, relatively unknown Detroit-based company to one of the best providers of all natural dog treats. From its original one-of-a-kind deli style sausages for dogs, Happy Howie’s has expanded to include burger patties, jerky and other treats that dogs love. Happy Howie’s is proud to serve dogs in 40 states while truly representing the Detroit spirit.
Customers that are outside the United States may not want to order any dog treat in the flavors Turkey or Chicken. The product has a possibility of getting confiscated at customs for protection against virus within poultry products. Order at your own risk.
All Happy Howie's meat rolls contain these ingredients plus your choice of meat: Rice Flour, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Garlic Powder, Citric Acid, Cultured Dextrose, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative), Rosemary Extract, and Vegetable Oil.
- Crude Protein (min) 14%
- Crude Fat (min) 6%
- Crude Fiber (max) 1%
- Moisture (max) 55%
- Crude Protein (min) 11.4%
- Crude Fat (min) 6.3%
- Crude Fiber (max) 1.13%
- Moisture (max) 67.4%
- Crude Protein (min) 10%
- Crude Fat (min) 10%
- Crude Fiber (max) 1%
- Moisture (max) 53%
NATURAL INGREDIENTS AND BENEFITS
All ingredients farmed and raised in the United States.
- Beef: Beef from dairy cattle born and raised in the United States.
- Turkey: A lean protein that your dog will love.
- Lamb: Kosher Lamb raised and harvested in the United States.
- Rice Flour: Serves as a binder to help the treat hold its firm shape. Without rice flour, the treats would be too crumbly.
- Salt: Used in small quantities in our treats to help preserve them. Salt is an essential nutrient for humans and dogs.
- Sodium Lactate: Made from the fermentation of sugar. It is a widely used and safe food preservative.
- Garlic Powder: Used in small quantities to enhance the flavor of our treats and because of its high antioxidant value.
- Citric Acid: Used in tiny quantities as a natural preservative.
- Cultured Dextrose: A natural preservative used to prevent microbial growth.
- Mixed Tocopherols: A form of Vitamin E which helps preserve the natural fat found in meat.
- Rosemary Extract: A natural preservative. It’s also beneficial because of high levels anti-oxidants that fight free radicals.