*Harness color may vary.
Note: Use the GIRTH measurement for an EXACT size. Weight is only an additional reference. See chart below.
* Mini and X-Small harnesses are designed to be used with light weight leashes (7/16" or 3/8" wide). Check out our Leather Puppy Leashes! Retractable leashes are not recommended.
* Med/Lg 1", Large 1", and X-Large harnesses are better proportioned to big shouldered, wide-framed dogs. They are also better for high energy, reactive big dogs.
More Than a No-Pull Harness
- Prevents choking, stress and injuries
- Helps solve pulling, lunging, jumping, and other on-leash problems
- NON-CONSTRICTING CHEST STRAP
- Prevents hobbling
- Good for shy, nervous and fearful dogs
- Helps train your dog (sit, stay, stop, slow, heel, and more)
- Greatly increases communication between you and your dog
- Keeps your dog happy!
- Easy on and off
- All dogs can benefit
- You can use it with a collar
- Great for agility and pet assisted therapy
- You can use it right away - no acclimation period required
- Easier to walk two dogs
- Affordable repair service
- You and your dog will both love it!
Safety & Comfort Features
Our harnesses do not include restrictive devices that cause choking, pinching, constricting, and hobbling.
- Snap buckle positioned away from your dog's should to prevent chafing and irritation
- A leash can be clipped to both the chest strap and a collar for extra safety
- Strap lock hardware keeps straps together and prevents slipping
- NON-CONSTRICTING CHEST STRAP
- Fits low on a dog's chest without restricting front legs
- Does not tighten across the chest and shoulders
- Designed to flex as you pull your leash. Allows for full range of motion and prevents hobbling!
- The Girth Strap (belly strap) is great for short hair dogs!
- Made of custom Softouch™ polyester webbing.
- Mini and X-Small sizes - all straps are custom Softouch™ polyester webbing.
- Straps are adjusted with Duraflex® (like plastic) hardware.
- Curved side-release buckle and strap keepers.
- Nickel plated, steel O-rings.
Softouch harnesses are designed to be both dog and owner friendly. They are not for use as a tie-out, car harness, or for on-leash running/jogging (possible rubbing and chafing). Our Front-Connection™ enhances communications so you and your dog can experience greater companionship, enjoyable walks, and more!
|| 13" - 16.5"
Approx. 7 lbs - 12 lbs
|| 16.5" - 20.5"
Approx. 12 lbs - 20 lbs
|| 20" - 24.5"
Approx. 21 lbs - 33 lbs
|| 24" - 28"
Approx. 34 lbs - 60 lbs
|| 26" - 32"
Approx. 40 lbs - 73 lbs
|| 27" - 32.5"
Approx. 45 lbs - 73 lbs
|| 31" - 40"
Approx. 70 lbs - 130 lbs
|| 32" - 40"
Approx. 75 lbs - 130 lbs
|| 39" - 50"
Approx. 130 lbs - 200 lbs
Note: Use the GIRTH measurement for an EXACT size.
Weight is only an additional reference.
How they work
This dog-friendly design keeps your dog comfortable, and prevents stress and injury. The Front-Connection™ helps you communicate clearly with your dog's sense of touch. As you move your leash in certain directions, you dog feels gentle pressure (sensations) behind the front legs and shoulders. This triggers an instinct to brace against the pressure and encourage your dog to move with you, without pulling on the leash!
B Strap = Back Strap
C Strap = Chest Strap
G Strap = Girth Strap
Adjust 4 straps in the following order:
- Adjust B Strap (important)
Adjust G Strap
- Adjust the B strap to raise side rings
- Place side rings in the middle of your dog's sides (between you dog's back and belly)
Adjust C Strap
- Adjust the G strap to a snug fit (like a comfortable belt).
- Check for comfort room (one finger under strap) when your dog sits.
- Adjust both sides of C strap (carefully) to place leash ring over breast bone.
- Do not over-adjust. It is better to have the C strap loose than too tight.
- The straps will be horizontal only when your dog sits or when held up by a leash.
*Your dog should mainly feel the B & G straps (belt behind front legs).
Introduction & Safety
At first, use a regular flat collar with the harness. The collar is like training wheels; adds safety, control, and helps keep the harness centered. It also prevents dogs from chewing the chest strap.
Clip a 4-6 foot leash to the top of the harness leash-ring and to your dog's regular flat collar.
Unclip from the collar for short periods to slowly phase out the collar.
Clipping to the collar is recommended for high stimulus environments.
- Do not use as a tie-out
- Do not use as a car harness
- Do not use for on-leash running. (Possible rubbing and chafing, especially short-haired dogs).
- Long and retractable leashes are not recommended. If used, clip to both the harness and a regular collar.
- Use the correct size. A dog could slip out of or become tangled if a harness is too large.
- Make sure the nap buckle is closed.
- Do not leave on puppies or adult dogs that chew.
- Do not leave on dogs around children without supervision.
- Always inspect the harness for possible damage.
- Chewing is typically a sign of a tight chest strap. An over-adjusted chest strap prevents a dog from sitting and lying down comfortably.
- Do not alter or repair a harness yourself. Please call Softouch for affordable repair and alteration services; 866.305.6145
This harness is not designed for protection training: agitation, bite work, or any biting dog sports. If you use this harness for any of those purposes, the harness may break, resulting in an accidental dog bite. Leerburg cannot be held responsible for misuse of this harness or any of the products we sell. If you have an interest in training protection work, we recommend you consider our Leather Agitation Harnesses
designed for this type of training.