Basic Dog Obedience is a four hour long training DVD that covers the basic elements of commands--sit, down, recall and stand--, motivational techniques, markers, corrections and praise rewards. You will learn how to develop control over your dog, while creating a strong and engaging dog-to-handler relationship.
The video begins with a review of common training terminologies, rules, schedule plans and course goals. The DVD will also touch on the appropriate training equipment necessary to cultivate the best training experience.
What will our DVD teach you?
- How to develop a basis for simple obedience
- How to gain control of an unexpected situation with your dog
- When to and not to correct your dog
- How to effectively organize a training session
- How to time your praises (rewards)
The video is organized for simple review, and very adaptable to novice trainers.
For more information on the basic elements of dog training, we recommend reading Ed Frawley’s Philosophy of Dog Training.